Kaupapa Māori Mate Hinengaro/Kai Tarutaru
Co-existing Problem Services
We offer Co-Existing Problems (CEP) support, counselling and therapy, case management and education to those who suffer from all types of addictions and who also have mental health conditions.
These services are provided to the person/s and their whanau to help them strengthen their inner self and develop strategies that can assist them in everyday life.
The CEP Practitioners also run Te Kete Matauranga Addiction Recovery groups, twice a year for people in our services as well as others who are struggling and or overcoming addictions.
What we provide:
- Cultural and clinical assessments
- Cultural input
- Access to psychiatric services
- Access to respite care
- Alcohol and drug intervention
- Community case management
- Confidential in-service delivery
- Collaborative approach
- Access to Whānau Therapy services
- Working with the whānau on whānau-led outcomes
Access criteria for referrals to the service are:
- Behavioural issues
- Major depression/grief
- Suicide thoughts or attempts
- Self-harm/Psychosis/Mate Māori
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Post discharge case management
- Substance Abuse
Referrals can be made by:
- General practitioners
- Hauora providers
- Health professionals
- Government organisations
- Non-government organisations
Click here to read about our Kaupapa Māori services for tamariki/rangatahi with Te Puna Hauora.
Read more about Te Puna Hauora BOP’s Kaupapa Māori services for pakeke.
Click here to contact the team at Te Puna Hauora for more information about our Kaupapa Māori services.